Thursday, April 1, 2010

Nightmare On Elm Street: Still Comparisons

I found some more stills from the upcoming "Nightmare On Elm Street" remake and thought I'd put up some comparison shots between the original flick and what I presume to be the same scenes in the remake.

Obviously, there could be some sleight of hand but the producers do seem to be releasing some of the more iconic images to the public.

(I took the pictures from either www.bloody-disgusting.com or www.dreadcentral.com. I forget which. Maybe both.)

Tina rising from the bed as Freddy kills her unseen in 1984:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And Kris presumably meeting the same fate in 2010:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dead Tina in the hallway:

Photobucket

Dead Kris in the hallway:

Photobucket

One of "Nightmare's" most famous shots, Nancy in the tub with Freddy's incredibly sexually subtextual glove coming up between her legs, from 1984:

Photobucket

And Freddy making the same subtle point in 2010:

Photobucket

Freddy coming out of the wall about Nancy in 1984:

Photobucket

Freddy coming out of the wall in 2010:

Photobucket

Freddy corners Nancy in the boiler room in 1984:

Photobucket

Freddy (presumably) corners Nancy in the boiler room in 2010:

Photobucket

I REALLY like most of these images. Seriously. I think there's going to be a swerve or two and my gut says since so many images of Kris/Tina dying in the revolving room are being released that I think there's a chance she may not die that way for real. There are other shots of her being hounded by Freddy in a classroom so it's possible she could die there.

So keep counting down to April 30!!

No comments: